Assistant Professor Position, Department of Microbiology and Virology at RUDN UNIVERSITY
Department: Department of Microbiology and Virology
Faculty: Institute of Medicine
Use: Full time (1)
Requirements on the candidate
- theory and methods of management of educational systems;
- procedure for developing study programs;
- fundamentals of pedagogy, physiology, psychology;
- teaching and vocational education methodologies;
- modern forms and methods of teaching;
- methods and ways of using educational technologies, including distance learning;
- requirements for working on personal computers, other electronic and digital devices, including those intended for the transfer of information.
The post of assistant professor of the department is awarded to a person who meets the following criteria:
- higher education (specialty, master’s degree), whose direction (profile) corresponds, as a general rule, to the academic subject taught, to the course, to the discipline (module) and (or) corresponds to the profile of the scientific and educational activities of the department (educational department);
- PhD – candidate’s university degree (doctoral student) in science (except teaching of educational programs in the field of art, physical education and sport);
- at least 3 years’ scientific and pedagogical work experience in a leading university or scientific organization (leading universities are universities that are ranked at least in the Top 400 of the ARWU, QS, THE world rankings.);
- in the presence of an academic title – no professional experience is required
- in case of non-conformity of the field of study (profile) with the study program, discipline (module) or profile of the department (department of education) – corresponding work experience in the field of the program of studies, discipline (module) and / or department profile (education department) is required;
- At least 5 publications in journals indexed in the Web of Science / Scopus database within the last 2 years, including at least 2 in Q1 / Q2 Web of Science / Scopus journals or publication of a monograph published in a house foreign edition, at least 3 publications (at least 1 of them in Q1 journals indexed by Web of Science, Scopus database) in the last 2 years;
- Proficiency in English not less than C1;
- index h: at least 2.
Working conditions (job description, KPI)
- organize and carry out pedagogical and methodical work according to the discipline taught or distinct types of teaching sessions;
- participate in the research work of the department and other divisions of the educational institution;
- participate in the development of manuals, laboratory work, workshops, seminars;
- organize and plan methodological and technical support for training sessions;
- engage with students in the context of general issues and the professional orientation of their research work;
- participate in seminars, meetings and conferences, in other activities of the educational establishment organized within the framework of the research fields of the department.
- Full time (at least one semester);
- Salary level (at the rate of 1.0) ~ 95,000 RUB (~ $ 1,390, gross, tax is 30% for the first 182 days of continuous employment; thereafter tax is 13%) + bonuses;
- Employment contract in the form of an effective contract;
- Publication of at least 2 scientific works per year in journals indexed by Web of Science, Scopus;
- Bonus for exceeding the execution of the conditions of the actual contract;
- Work schedule (at the rate of 1.0) – 6/1 (36 hours per week, 144 hours per month);
- Teaching load – not less than 15% of total working time;
- Business travel availability – possible.
Throughout the duration of the employment contract, visiting scientists who have passed the competitive selection benefit from an apartment on the University campus.