DU 2021 admissions: University of Delhi issues guidelines on including Kerala Board subjects in threshold calculation
Admissions to DU 2021 | Photo credit: iStock images
- The University of Delhi would conclude the DU 2021 admission process tomorrow based on the first cut lists.
- The university has also issued guidelines on including state council matters in cutoff calculations.
- Students should note that Accounting with Computer Accounting of Kerala Council would not be considered an equivalent subject to CBSE.
University of Delhi, the DU 2021 admission process for undergraduate courses has started based on the first cut list. Meanwhile, the university has also issued guidelines on including the Kerala Board and other matters of the State Council in the preparation of the cut list. Previously, admissions for Kerala State Board students had been suspended due to confusion over their grade sheets. Students presenting for admission to DU UG can get more details on the official website, du.ac.in.
According to Press Trust of India reports, the case was resolved yesterday after officials from the southern state board contacted the University of Delhi. It has been found that the majority of students who applied for Kerala DU 2021 admissions are top performers with perfect scores. Most of these admissions issues occurred at the North Campus colleges.
The University of Delhi has now recognized three of the State Boards of Kerala, namely the Kerala Public Examination Board and the Kerala Upper Secondary Education Board and the Vocational Upper Secondary Education Board. The selection of subjects for DU 2021 admissions is based entirely on the decision made by a committee formed to decide which State Council subjects would be similar to CBSE subjects. Related I DU Cut Off 2021: 59K applications under 1st cut list, 2nd list October 9 – University status on admissions
DU Admissions 2021: update on inclusion of Kerala Board and other board topics
- The committee decided on guidelines based on factors such as theory and practical components, curriculum, etc.
- Accounting with IT accounting in Kerala would not be considered equivalent to CBSE business studies.
- Madhya Pradesh’s Business Economics document would not be considered equivalent to CBSE Economics.
- Further, the practice of the Maharashtra council secretariat would not be considered equivalent to the business studies taught to CBSE students.
According to reports, officials at the University of Delhi sent an email to the affiliated colleges asking them to approve the subjects offered by the Kerala Board, affiliated with the Council of Boards of School Education in India. However, an official notification or press release has yet to be issued by the university. Students should continue to follow the official website shared above for more updates on DU 2021 admissions.