Experiential Learning Coordinator job with RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Full-time, fixed-term position – 12-month contract
- HEW salary level 7 + 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements
- Based on the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based on other University campuses
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our goal is to provide life-changing experiences for our students and help shape the world through research, innovation, education and industry engagement. With strong relationships with industry forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains essential to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
As the Experiential Learning Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing and implementing initiatives that contribute to making experiential education a distinctive part of the RMIT student experience. Additionally, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve critical project results.
During the secondment, the essential focus of the role will be to map the life-changing skills and knowledge that students gain from industrial, community, social and global experiences (as part of or alongside the program). Additionally, you will design a platform to collect, prove, and validate students’ experiential learning outcomes as they progress through graduation and the job market.
The seconded must also lead a project that uncovers ways to integrate authentic extracurricular learning experiences into formal learning to improve programs and benefit students.
To be successful, you will have highly developed interpersonal, communication, relationship management, and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and support a variety of stakeholders, reconcile different viewpoints to achieve results, and lead and work as part of a diverse team.
Position requires flexibility to occasionally work non-standard hours to attend student programs, staff events, conferences, etc.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- A postgraduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline and/or significant relevant professional experience at a similar level.
- Experience in developing, implementing, delivering and/or evaluating experiential learning programs that are active, flexible, inclusive and integrated in delivery
- Understanding of how future-oriented skills can be validated through the process of learning from real-world experiences.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and initiative to independently exercise judgment, prioritize workloads, and manage competing workflows/deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed learning design skills, especially with digital learning platforms and professional collaboration software.
- Demonstrated skills in research and evaluation, and an evidence-based approach to adopting new ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to diversity, inclusion and reconciliation
Please note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a work with children test.
About the Education Portfolio
The Education Portfolio is headed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Education and Vice President who leads the planning and implementation of University strategies related to RMIT’s academic programs and the student experience of the RMIT. The portfolio is responsible for services to support the quality of RMIT programs, including the professional development of academic staff, the continuous improvement of the student experience, learning and teaching outcomes, and the management of sources of learning. learning and research information.
The Education Portfolio plays a key role in enabling students to access education, actively participate in University life, and lead successful and fulfilling lives beyond graduation. Providing a stimulating and satisfying student experience is a priority for the University.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below.
The COVID-19 Compulsory Vaccination (Workers) Guidelines, made under the Public Health and Welfare Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Guidance), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, RMIT job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof thereof. You can access the instructions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
Applications closed: 20 Feb 2022 11:59 p.m.
RMIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer to be a child-safe organization. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing our employees regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications from all sectors of the community are encouraged and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.notder community.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.
We are a Circle Back 2021 employer – we are committed to responding to every applicant.