General Practitioner (Permanent; 0.8 FTE) – University of Victoria
As one of Wellington’s largest and most established employers and New Zealand’s number one university for research quality, Victoria University of Wellington offers opportunities for rewards, recognition and development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our multidisciplinary team on a permanent basis.
Our student health service is Cornerstone accredited and in this clinical role you will work with our team of GPs, nurses and support staff to provide high quality primary care to students at Victoria University of Wellington in a stimulating, enriching and avant-garde environment. environment. You will also work closely with the Health Coach, Health Enhancement Practitioner, Student Council, and other student support teams.
We offer excellent working conditions, which include
- APC/MPS/RNZCGP membership fees.
- Professional development leave and funding.
- Right to sick leave.
- Regular peer review, CME, MDT meetings.
- Monthly wellness hour.
- Half-yearly team building days.
- Modern and spacious premises.
- Supportive team culture.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Professional registration with the RNZCGP (or in the process of obtaining)
- A passion for working as a team, to achieve the best possible healthcare outcomes for our diverse student population
- Experience with gender diversity/LARC insertion/minor surgery/ADHD/sexual health/mental health (desirable)
We are part of the Compass Primary Healthcare Network and provide large-scale, multidisciplinary primary healthcare to 10,000 enrolled students. We also work with a diverse group of 2,500 international students and provide some services to the entire student body of the University.
This role requires security screening through the police screening system under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
Applicants should apply online https://tinyurl.com/yc67e8bv
For further information please contact Dr Gill Mark at [email protected] or call 04 463 5308
Closing of applications on June 24, 2022.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.