Research Fellow, CloudTech job with RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Full time, 36 month CDD
- Academic Level B Salary + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Work Arrangements
- Based on the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based on other University campuses
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
As a post-doctoral researcher, you will work within the joint CloudTech RMIT Green Bitcoin research program jointly supported by the CloudTech Group and RMIT. You will take primary responsibility for designing, implementing and testing the next generation of Proofs of Space-Time (PoST) consensus protocols for large-scale green cryptocurrency platforms.
The post-doctoral researcher is a fixed-term position of 3 years. However, a performance review will be conducted within 12 months of each anniversary of the start date of this position to determine if the contract can be renewed for the next 12 months based on their performance.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- A PhD in a computer-related field is required
- Extensive research and/or industry experience in consensus algorithms, blockchains and/or other distributed system designs, implementations and testing
- Emerging professional experience and recognition of quality research output in the areas of blockchain and distributed systems, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry linkages
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team, including with industry partners
- Ability to mentor and/or supervise higher degree by research candidates
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for interacting with postgraduate candidates, staff and industry, as well as a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Please note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a child labor check.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and meet the key selection criteria separately for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below. For more information on this position, please see the job description below or contact Dr Hai Dong via email [email protected]
Applications close on February 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at [email protected] with your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The COVID-19 Compulsory Vaccination (Workers) Guidelines, made under the Public Health and Welfare Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Guidance), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, RMIT job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof thereof. You can access the instructions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
We are a Circle Back 2021 employer – we are committed to responding to every applicant.